Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I choose posterjack to create my Photo Art?
- What are your requirements for me to start creating some Photo Art?
- What can you tell me about your different products?
- What happens to my photo or digital image when I upload it?
- Can you give me some specific details on the types of images files you accept?
- How big does my digital photo need to be to get a high quality piece of art?
- Is shopping at posterjack safe?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- Will the colours of my Photo Art be the same as I see on my monitor?
- How does shipping work with posterjack?
- Where can I find posterjack’s prices?
- What sizes are available?
- Your print sizes are listed under aspect ratio categories. What is an “aspect ratio”?
- How does posterjack handle data privacy issues?
- What if I am unhappy with the product when I receive it, do you guarantee your products?
- Posterjack is passionate about turning your photos into the very best Photo Art that we possibly can. We
have a dedicated team and the most advanced printing software and equipment available. We are based in
Toronto, Canada, so you can feel comfortable that you are dealing with a Canadian Company. We believe that
we became the Photo-to-Art leaders in Canada for a few reasons:
1. We offer a fantastic online shopping experience.
2. We make boutique photo art products accessible to everyone; from the Pros to the regular Joes.
3. We make the type of products that you'll love so much, you'll tell all your friends about them.
4. We offer great prices and fair shipping rates.
5. We take customer satisfaction seriously. In fact we post every single piece of customer feedback (good or bad) for you to read. That keeps us honest and always improving.
- All we require is a good quality digital photo or digital image. For a photo, we suggest you start with the original image from a digital camera, not one copied from the Internet. If you have created a graphic design, you typically are savvy with digital images and understand resolution, so we suggest you create an image that will be 150 dpi at the printed size. If you aren't overly photo savvy, just upload your photo and we will automatically provide you with a quality score based on your photo and the size of art you've selected!
- Photo Posters also known as photo enlargements or fine art prints are the classic and most popular type of photo art. They look amazing and are really inexpensive. Some people put them straight on the wall, while others get them custom framed at a local framing store, or do their own framing.
- Photos On Canvas are a very hot product that everyone seems to love. Your photo is printed on canvas, protected with ArtShield laminate, then stretched over a wooden frame. The texture of the canvas gives the artwork depth and interest. A canvas print is durable and is not framed behind glass like a photo print. It arrives ready to hang.
- Framed Photos start with our Fine Art Prints (Hahnemuehle Photo Rag) and turns them into a more complete piece of art. Our frames look fantastic because we chose a modern style. The best part is that we do all the work for you.
- Frameless Mounting is a very simple, yet classic way to display your art. There is no frame to distract from the photo. Your photo is mounted to MDF hardboard and protected with a ArtShield laminate. This ensures a very long lasting and extremely durable product.
- Peel & Stick Posters are a personal favourite of ours. They really are the ultimate poster. Your photo is printed onto a linen fabric with an adhesive back. The amazing thing is that they can be stuck to pretty much any surface. They are repositionable and won’t harm the paint on walls.
- Metal Prints are a modern and edgy way to display your photos. We print your image directly on a sheet of Aluminum. The interesting part is that anywhere there is white or grey in your photo will show as the bare aluminum creating a sheen and depth. These are definitely eye catching. They come with three hanging options; standoff mounts on the corners, float mounts for a clean look, or modern brushed black and aluminum frames.
- Collages are a great way to show off a collection of photos. You can create a collage using our free online tool, then you can use that collage on any of our products.
- We only store your image if you place an order. In that case, we use your image to create your photo art and nothing else. We hold onto your image for six weeks in case you require a reprint. After that we delete your photo from our records. If we ever wanted to use your image for a special purpose like a marketing campaign, we would contact you to ask your permission. Our business is built on the trust you place in us and we would never do anything to jeopardize that.
- We process the four most common image types. All digital cameras and graphic design programs will produce at least one of these file types. The types we accept are JPEG, TIFF, BMP, & PNG. Our preferred file type is JPEG, which produces excellent print results and efficient file sizes! If your image is in a different format, please save it as one of the above formats before submitting to us.
- If you aren't a big colour geek, don't worry, your camera produces images in a colour space we can handle (typically sRGB). If you prefer you can also upload images in Adobe RGB, or any other popular RGB Colour Profile. Please do not upload images in the CMYK colour space.
- You can upload files up to 45 MB in size. Should your images be larger than 45 MB, please contact us for details on how to process this order.
- If you aren’t technical, just upload your photo and we will give you a quality score based on your image and the print size you desire. If your score isn't as high as you would like, try a smaller print size. If your score is unsuitable, that means we won't let you proceed and you need to contact customer support for help.
- If your are technical, then you should know that we base the quality score on the pixels of your image. To calculate the printable dpi, we take pixels(digital image)/inches(print size). We recommend that printable DPI should be over 100 for any size print. However, as you print bigger sizes with the same digital image the DPI will steadily decrease, but you will also view the art from further away, so this lower DPI is not a problem. 300 DPI is the best you can get, anything higher than this does not improve print quality. We do not recommend artificially creating more pixels in your digital image by using the resample feature in graphic editing programs as the results are typically very bad. If you must resize an image, we recommend that you use specialized software such as Alien Skin or Genuine Fractals which have much better results, but will still definitely alter the image drastically when they add the additional pixels
- We have taken every step possible to make shopping at posterjack safe. Our checkout process is totally secure (note the https:// in the URL bar when you are checking out) and uses 256 Bit Encryption. Credit Card processing is handled by BeanStream, one of the top three Credit Card processing companies in Canada. They have incredibly safe data centers. Posterjack is never privy to (and therefore never stores) your credit card information.
- For Credit Card payment we accept Visa, Mastercard, and AMEX.
- If you don't have a Credit Card, we also offer two great alternative choices; Paypal and Interac Online.
- The colours of your photo art will be very accurate to the true colour of the image. Accuracy is very important to us and we have developed proprietary software to help us deliver the very best colours for our customers.
- Most computer monitors do not display colours accurately. In most cases monitors artificially enhance the colours being displayed. Because the colours from posterjack are extremely accurate, when you receive your photo, you will notice that the photo looks a lot more like what you remember in your mind than what you see on your computer screen. After tens of thousands of prints and happy customers, we are sure you will be happy with the results!
- We have a special page dedicated entirely to Shipping. The short story is that we are experts at shipping photo art and we have fair shipping rates. Our goal is to get you your art quickly at the lowest cost possible. We don’t attempt to profit from shipping as we see shipping as an enabler to our business, not something that should turn people away.
- Right from the get-go we decided our prices should be up front and center. That is because we know we have great prices. On our homepage you can use the upload tool on the right hand side to see the prices for every product we offer. We show 3-4 common sizes immediately and you can click on the “more sizes” drop down box for our complete list of prices and sizes. We typically have over 30 sizes per product. Unlike our competitors, we don’t have hidden fees that appear in the shopping cart for additional services and important things like hanging hardware. The price you see listed, is the price you pay. Sales taxes are charged based on the address of the customer in the checkout phase.
- For most products we offer over 30 sizes. We group the sizes into their aspect ratio (square, digital camera, etc.) to make it easier to find the size you are interested in. To see a full list of sizes for a particular product, use the “more sizes” drop down box in the upload bar on the right side of the screen.
- The “aspect ratio” of a photo, in its simplest terms, refers to the rectangle size of the image. Photos can be taken as long panoramic rectangles, shorter rectangles, squares, and anything in between. The “aspect ratio” measurement is a technical way of expressing the exact rectangle size for a photo or image. This is expressed as the relative length of the long edge of the image, compared to the short edge. Here is an infographic to help explain!
- Customer satisfaction is really important to us. An unhappy customer is the worst thing we can imagine. So if you aren’t happy with your product, we will bend over backwards to correct the situation. All of our products are guaranteed for one year against defects.